Holy Rollerz Christian Automotive Forums

Move Closer Every Day

play nice...
Share |

Move Closer Every Day

Postby shortc4jc777 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:41 am

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."
(John 15:5)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abiding in Jesus isn't something that comes automatically to any believer. It's a lifestyle that involves discipline and effort.

We have to choose to give ourselves to our union with Him, to give Him first place where our attention is concerned. If we want to grow spiritually, if we want to walk in power and in fellowship with the Lord, we'll have to spend the time it takes to know Him.

That's not something we can do for a while and then forget about either. We must continue in it every day. For the moment we stop moving closer to Jesus, we always start drifting away.

You see, here in this natural world you're surrounded by ungodliness. You live in a body that is totally natural. Unless you purposely counter that with daily prayer and time in the Word, your body and your mind will simply give in to the pressures around you and go the way of the world.

Right now, make a decision to give yourself to the things of God. Focus your attention on the Lord. Surround yourself with His Word. Listen to preaching and teaching tapes while you're getting dressed, driving to work, preparing dinner, working on your car, exercising, cleaning house and when you go to bed. Listen to the Word of God anytime, anywhere!

Abide in Him today.

Riding low for the most high!
shortc4jc777
Off the heezy
Off the heezy

Postby integra evan on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Amen! Praise God through all of life's events, whether good or bad. Make Him Lord of your life daily. Seek Him and the things of His Kingdom.

integra evan
Teggin' it up holy style

Vehicle: 1995 Acura Integra SE

Postby Angel_Gabriel on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:00 am

wow!! That was awesome!!

Romans 1:16
16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.

http://www.myspace.com/gabrielforchrist

http://www.jackthreads.com/invite/christianmolinary

(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) <---This is Bunny, Copy and Paste Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Angel_Gabriel
I own you all
I own you all

Name: Christian Molinary
Vehicle: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Postby douliss1 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:08 am

I really needed that.....Thank you God!!

To Christ I owe everything, so for Him I live.
douliss1
Houston Chapter President

Postby BEVANS702 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:38 pm

[smilie=angel7.gif] :a: :m: :e: :n: [smilie=angel7.gif]

1Co:13:11: When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
M't:25:23: His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
BEVANS702
Beaumont Event Coordinator

Name: Bernard J Evans
Vehicle: [2006 Lincoln Mark LT 4X4]+[2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT]

Return to Faith-Based Discussions