Holy Rollerz Christian Automotive Forums

am i ok to.....

play nice...

ask her not to bring it to school?

yes, its ok to ask her that.
67%
no dude, that would be wrong. she has rights.
33%

Total votes : 9

am i ok to.....

Postby skiendog on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:10 am

there's a girl at my school who has a mini ouiji board key chain thing, and i just......get chills, you know, every time i see it. im scared that its just....inapropriate to ask her to.....you know.....not bring it? i dont know, i know it would be wrong to ask her that, but i cant help it, and......yall help me.

HRC³ Forum Moderator
Welcome Wagon Member
NFATCA The ONLY organization fighting to protect what no other organization will touch.
skiendog
!DAYN-JUH!

Vehicle: E320

Postby MacIain on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:12 am

I see nothing wrong with talking to her about it...

"I'm sorry honey I ain't got much money, but I can sure play this here old guitar..."

MATT 18:11-14
MacIain
LostDog

Postby skiendog on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:14 am

oh, ive tried. and this is what i got:
"well, what if i said that your 'holyrollerz' banner was offensive and i asked you to take it off???"
im like, ok, sorry i asked.....

HRC³ Forum Moderator
Welcome Wagon Member
NFATCA The ONLY organization fighting to protect what no other organization will touch.
skiendog
!DAYN-JUH!

Postby MacIain on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:23 am

You could always find a little Bible and give her that as a replacement...

I've always hated that "well what if I found blah blah blah offensive" response...

"I'm sorry honey I ain't got much money, but I can sure play this here old guitar..."

MacIain
LostDog

Postby skiendog on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:26 am

i'm with ya, but does she have a point???

HRC³ Forum Moderator
Welcome Wagon Member
skiendog
!DAYN-JUH!

Postby MacIain on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:39 am

no...and I can answer things like this from both points. I tend to do that a lot; looking back at how I viewed things as a Buddhist just to make sure that I'm not too off. If she is honestly offended by the HolyRollerz banner then she really does have some issuez. It's very different from you being offended by her carrying around a ouija board. (ask her if she actually knows what ouija means) But regardless; she was saying that to turn the subject back on you. When you go to talk to her about it again, ask her what is offensive about the banner (if she uses that again)

MacIain
LostDog

Postby GruntDan on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:46 am

more than likely , and i have found this to be very true. is that most(and i say that ina big way) people who do the stuff we dont condone they know what they are doing and know the meaning of it .

but yeah i agre with John on this one . 100%

offer her a rabbits foot for the key chain thing. or one of those fish's lol.

GruntDan-HRC³
GruntDan
One Trick Dime

Postby MacIain on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:58 am

oh yea one of those little fishys (where's WOC when you need him? he knows what they are called)....

Danny is right though; generally people do that type of stuff for attention...(though I'd bet she didn't know what ouija means..most of the people who do don't mess with them)

MacIain
LostDog

Postby paris04 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:40 am

I use a car site that's local... and when I first found Holy Rollerz I made a post and the subject was like "Any Christians?" or something like that, I put Christians in the title of the subject. Well, the first guy who responded was a mod of the site and I had no clue he was a Christian... and then everyone after that was extremely rude and it turned out to be a huge argument because they thought it was offensive for me to post a Christian site when they post many things on their site that I find offensive but I keep my mouth shut...

*sighs*

paris04
Forum Backbone
Forum Backbone

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Ranger XLT

Postby MacIain on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:59 am

Silence isn't always golden...

MacIain
LostDog

Postby Subby_man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:34 am

By law she can carry around the whole board if she wanted to and we cannot do anything about it but ask. If she says no, then were out of luck. But what we can do is pray for that person and ask God to open her eyes. When we've got our backs to the wall we can still always fight through prayer.

Would you take your HR banner down if someone came up and asked you to? Probably not, but they aren't going to pray for you.

Remember, we are not of this world but we are in it. We're going to see things we don't want to see, we are going to see things that breaks our hearts, we're going to see things the piss us off and we're going to be completely helpless to stop them. But we always have prayer through our Father.

I need a job!
I need a job!

Postby Subby_man on Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:38 am

BTW, if she joined this forum and had that as an avatar, then we could say something. :)

I need a job!
I need a job!

Postby FazFX on Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:49 pm

Subby_man wrote:Remember, we are not of this world but we are in it. We're going to see things we don't want to see, we are going to see things that breaks our hearts, we're going to see things the piss us off and we're going to be completely helpless to stop them. But we always have prayer through our Father.

I agree with that last statement, but I was the one person who voted "no." I completely agree with her response as well. I can see how she might see how asking her to remove a symbol of her faith, or "spirituality," is really no different than her asking you to remove your banner, because it conveys association with a belief.

Remember, since we're no longer of this world, we're on their ground. You definitely need to pray for her, but remember that the Ouiji board is nothing more than an external symbol for what she believes (or doesn't) inside, and removing the symbol doesn't remove the belief. Remember, she probably views Christianity just as offensive as you find her board.

Martin Luther wrote:The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold of me.

Jude 1:3 wrote:...to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints...
FazFX
formerly ForgivenSol

Name: Faz
Vehicle: 2002 C5 convertible

Postby K-Dog7469 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:34 pm

skiendog wrote:i'm with ya, but does she have a point???

yeah dude she is 100% on the mark with that.

Give her the freedom you would like to have.

Keep in mind too the the Ouija ( what ever ) board is 100% completely, totally, entirely, NOT the point. It is the condition of her heart. That little game has zero effect on her spiritual condition. It is merely a symptom. Ingore the little details and focus on what really matters.

Also he who is in you is greater,,,

K-Dog
" Although I can not fly, I am not content to crawl "
Knowledge doesnt impress me.

CHURCH,,, sort of
www.Junction111.com
K-Dog7469
Not as liberal as you might think...

Postby acuraboytl on Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:43 am

I agree that we need to respect other?s rights and give them the freedoms we would hope to have. It is sad, however, that often times we cater to a minority of petty divergences. For example, my brother is a teacher in the Cobb County School System. Last year, the board voted that the schools could not use witches in their decorations for Halloween because one person complained that ?wicca? is a valid religion. How sad is it that 94% of the school system celebrates Christmas, but they can not even use the word Christmas in any of their materials because it may offend the other 6%?

<<<David Holmes>>>