Holy Rollerz Christian Automotive Forums

Just a letter I reiceved..

play nice...
Share |

Just a letter I reiceved..

Postby BBWolf on Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:32 pm

Today there was an article on Fox news at the following link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201874,00.html in reference to the city of Accord, New York, where a Skating Rink was ordered to quit advertising a Christian Skate Night because it potentially excluded Non-Christians from attending. In essence, the rink responded that it was open to everyone, but they played Christian music. Since then, they are advertising it as "Spiritual Skate Night" to avoid the hassle. Did you ever think there would be a time the government would order a private business to do such a thing? It borders on bizarre! But this is where we are headed. And I really believe I know what "we" can do. First, quit thinking someone else is going to fight this battle. Even if a church or group of churches or minister's association or whoever could get the government off the skate rink's back on this one, there are many more spiritual battles coming or are happening right now! Remember this, the government is made of up individuals. One person or one small group can yield a lot of power and do a lot of damage. I really believe the Holy Spirit quickened me to write you on this and exhort you to realize and be prepared to fight this on an indivual level. What I mean, is that I am sure no matter who in the government of Accord, NY made up this decision, and who ran with it, there MUST have been proclaiming born again Christians nearby. Maybe they tried to stop this, maybe they couldn't, maybe they weren't prepared, or maybe they just didn't try. Maybe they just didn't care!? It is time for Christians to obey the Lord and get on the offensive (not necessarily being offensive) by going into all their world and preach the gospel to every creature. in Acts 24 the apostle Paul stood before the "goverment" which was Felix and reasoned with him about righteousness and judgment and had him TREMBLING and AFRAID! How did he do this? By using the heavy duty armor piercing Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. And using it correcting! Pardon the commercial I am about to do, but Wednesdays we are learning the Way of the Master. Powerful evangelism tools are available. If you are not local, at least check out www.livingwaters.com and learn how to use the Law to convict sinners of their sinfulness. I can personally vouch that people who normally would argue with me have been SHUT UP when I used the Word properly. This war needs to begin to be fought on an individual basis wherever we find the Lord has placed us. If you are concerened and disgusted with the way things are going in this millenium, let's DO something about it. The next time the "government" may be targeting something that is dear to YOU or involving themselves in YOUR BUSINESS.

BBWolf
Forum Backbone
Forum Backbone

Name: Dave

Postby GodsMessenger on Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:55 pm

Thats just crazy. Here In Columbus Ga we have a Christian Skate Night. my friend is the DJ and well I've heard some Patrions fuss about the music and complain to the manager about that. The only Answer I can come up with on this mess is to Pray HARD and trust God to deal with this. If you will permit me. I want to get the artical printed out to show to my friend and prayer group. I'll also be praying about this

I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
GodsMessenger
Postmaster
Postmaster

Postby thundergrey on Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:56 am

So is the Government going to step in the next time somebody forms a "gay and Lesbian" parade...........this might exclude straight people.

or...........hey how about making Veterans Day a Holiday ONLY for Veterans and thier immediate family, why should everyone else get the day off?

or How about this.............Take away Christmas as Federal Hoilday for anyone that votes against prayer in school, public prayer, or Christian Sket night in Accord, New York.

This is just a prime example of somebody trying to get thier 15 minutes of fame..........sounds like they are headed for an eternity of FLAME though.....

Good things come to those that wait, but only the things left behind by those that HUSTLE!
thundergrey
I Miss Reading Rainbow
I Miss Reading Rainbow

Postby BBWolf on Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:58 am

Cross_Eyed wrote: If you will permit me. I want to get the artical printed out to show to my friend and prayer group.

Sure

BBWolf
Forum Backbone
Forum Backbone

Name: Dave

Postby FazFX on Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:04 pm

Cross_Eyed wrote: I've heard some Patrions fuss about the music and complain to the manager about that.

That's ridiculous... can you imagine if every Christian in the nation complained every time they heard offensive music (e.g. swearing, sex, violence, narcotic references) on the radio, in a roller rink, or anywhere else? The country would go nuts!

(hypothetical incident)
NEWS FLASH:

Millions of radical, so-called fundamentalist Christians have are complaining about non-Christian or positive music, on a massive scale never-before seen. While the ACLU is working on influencing local and federal judges to make it illegal to protest in such a fashion, the movement is arguing its rights under the 1st Amendment as well as Separation of Church and State. More to come soon...

:thumbup:

Martin Luther wrote:The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold of me.

Jude 1:3 wrote:...to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints...
FazFX
formerly ForgivenSol

Name: Faz
Vehicle: 2002 C5 convertible

Postby Doulos on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:24 pm

Didnt you know Tony, the Laws in the US are Hytpocritical, Seperation of Church and State only keeps the church out of the state, not the state out of the church (As was intended by that statement in the letter written by Jefferson from which we derrive this saying).

We must not simply die to sin, as if that were a simple prospect, but we must die to everything that is of us. We must give up our preconceived notions, our worldly understanding, our loves, our hates, all that we trust, and all that we desire. Through this death God is able to resurrect us with a new understanding, new views and new desires.
Doulos
SoCal Chapter President

Postby LamarS1278 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:00 pm

thefazio wrote:
That's ridiculous... can you imagine if every Christian in the nation complained every time they heard offensive music (e.g. swearing, sex, violence, narcotic references) on the radio, in a roller rink, or anywhere else? The country would go nuts!

We should take it even further and everytime we here someone playing violent music call it terrorism and press charges for terrorist threats. We should expect stuff like this people are coming up against Christians like never before. God bless

LamarS1278
I'm Crazy Go Nuts
I'm Crazy Go Nuts

Postby LamarS1278 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:10 pm

Ok you guys will not believe that I just posted a second message propposing we should do something about this but something happened to it. The devil should know I don't give up that easily. I know I am tired of all of this offensive music playing all over the place. You can't even walk into Wal-Mart without hearing about sex or drugs. Let's stop talking and really do something radical and great in the name of Jesus Christ. Lets put our heads together and see what we can come up with. God bless

LamarS1278
I'm Crazy Go Nuts
I'm Crazy Go Nuts

Postby skiendog on Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:59 pm

*screaming at computer monitor*

man, does that make me mad!!! FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM OF RELIGION!!!!!!!! NOT YOUR FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!!!!! dad gum does that make me mad. "spiritual" skate night. just like a "holiday" tree.

HRC³ Forum Moderator
Welcome Wagon Member
NFATCA The ONLY organization fighting to protect what no other organization will touch.
skiendog
!DAYN-JUH!

Vehicle: E320

Return to Faith-Based Discussions