Holy Rollerz Christian Automotive Forums

False teachers do not confess Jesus Christ as God incarnate.

play nice...
Share |

Postby luvsgod2004 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:56 am

December 19

2 John

INSIGHT
The Bible teaches that Christians are to be tolerant, understanding, and compassionate. We are to go out of our way to be kind and loving to others; we are to love our neighbors as ourselves. However, how should we act toward false teachers who subvert our faith? The Bible teaches that while we should not be unkind, we should have no fellowship with them. John writes: "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine (salvation in Christ), do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds" (vv. 10-11).

PRAYER
Offer the Lord your praise that in His power and glory He still loves us:
Praise the Lord!
For it is good to sing praises to our God;
For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. . . .
Great is our Lord, and mighty in power;
His understanding is infinite. . . .
The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him,
In those who hope in His mercy. . . .
Praise the Lord! (Psalm 147:1, 5, 11, 20).

Pause for praise and thanksgiving and seek to keep your life free from sin:
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit(Psalm 32:1-2).

Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, and pray this affirmation to the Lord:
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness.
(Romans 3:23-25)

As you make your requests known to the Lord, include:
gaining an eternal perspective,
your spiritual goals,
whatever else is on your heart.

Finally, offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
May the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Romans 15:5-6)

Walk Thru the Bible Devotions

"Not everything that we face can be changed, but nothing can change until we face it." James Baldwin
luvsgod2004
Pink Tink

Postby TRojas on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:06 am

Explain a little bit......are you talking about Jesus being God. The One?

TRojas
I'm Crazy Go Nuts
I'm Crazy Go Nuts

Postby luvsgod2004 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:28 am

I am confused by your question. Is this what you mean?

Finally, offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
May the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Romans 15:5-6)

"Not everything that we face can be changed, but nothing can change until we face it." James Baldwin
luvsgod2004
Pink Tink

Postby AutoXSTi on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:12 am

TRojas wrote:Explain a little bit......are you talking about Jesus being God. The One?

The post talks about believers as being like minded in Christ's Word. "Like Minded", what does that mean?

Meaning:Of the same turn of mind. Similar:like; similar (resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination)

So we should have a basic understanding of Christ's Word and that He died for us.

luvsgod2004 wrote:we should have no fellowship with them. John writes: "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine (salvation in Christ), do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds" (vv. 10-11).

Personally, I wouldn't ex-communicate with that type of person, we should always try to win respects from those. That should give us an opportunity to share what God has spoken to us about. It will give us a chance to bring that person to the cross and hopefully see things at a different perspective. It is correct that we do not fellowship with them but any chance you see them, converse and share God's Ultimate Word. We could only hope that not only their lives would be changed but ours too.

I fear no man nor women, only God Almighty! Proverbs 1:7(KJV): "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
AutoXSTi
Atlanta Chapter President

Postby luvsgod2004 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:40 am

AutoXsi wrote:
TRojas wrote:Explain a little bit......are you talking about Jesus being God. The One?

The post talks about believers as being like minded in Christ's Word. "Like Minded", what does that mean?

Meaning:Of the same turn of mind. Similar:like; similar (resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination)

So we should have a basic understanding of Christ's Word and that He died for us.

luvsgod2004 wrote:we should have no fellowship with them. John writes: "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine (salvation in Christ), do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds" (vv. 10-11).

Personally, I wouldn't ex-communicate with that type of person, we should always try to win respects from those. That should give us an opportunity to share what God has spoken to us about. It will give us a chance to bring that person to the cross and hopefully see things at a different perspective. It is correct that we do not fellowship with them but any chance you see them, converse and share God's Ultimate Word. We could only hope that not only their lives would be changed but ours too.

Thank you Mano! I agree with you, how else are we suppose to reach the world for Christ if we do not talk with them and give them a chance to see what Christ did for us. We have to live by an example. If we choose not to assoicate with non-believers, then how can we show that God loves ALL of us the same?

luvsgod2004
Pink Tink

Postby FazFX on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 am

What the scripture is referring to is false teachers. It was customary for teachers to travel, and stay at someone's home. While they were in town, it was expected that their needs would be taken care of in exchange for the teachings they brought. These verses, in contrast, are telling them NOT to endorse these false teachings and allow the preachers to stay around and permeate their fellowships.

Martin Luther wrote:The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold of me.

Jude 1:3 wrote:...to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints...
FazFX
formerly ForgivenSol

Name: Faz
Vehicle: 2002 C5 convertible

Postby luvsgod2004 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:58 am

ForgivenSol wrote:What the scripture is referring to is false teachers. It was customary for teachers to travel, and stay at someone's home. While they were in town, it was expected that their needs would be taken care of in exchange for the teachings they brought. These verses, in contrast, are telling them NOT to endorse these false teachings and allow the preachers to stay around and permeate their fellowships.

Oh! I posted this as a devotion. I am glad it's getting clarification on the meaning. I was not sure what response it would get.

luvsgod2004
Pink Tink

Postby ChristAlone on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:50 pm

ForgivenSol wrote:What the scripture is referring to is false teachers. It was customary for teachers to travel, and stay at someone's home. While they were in town, it was expected that their needs would be taken care of in exchange for the teachings they brought. These verses, in contrast, are telling them NOT to endorse these false teachings and allow the preachers to stay around and permeate their fellowships.

This is true... was going to elaborate but forgiven did such a great job of explaining it needs no more.

ChristAlone
Sola Scriptura

Postby EG FERIO on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:45 am

:werd02:

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and by plain reason and not by Popes and councils who have so often contradicted themselves, my conscience is captive to the word of God. To go against conscience is neither right nor safe. I cannot and I will not recant. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me." Martin Luther
EG FERIO
Spicing it up
Spicing it up

Return to Faith-Based Discussions