Holy Rollerz Christian Automotive Forums

Any particular shape for a sealed sub enclosure?

questions or talk about the latest
Share |

Any particular shape for a sealed sub enclosure?

Postby Lemmie on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:46 pm

I am remaking my sub box the right way. I bought a 4x8 piece of MDF and the speakers instructions tell me to make it with 1.25 cubic feet. But I am unsure if it needs to be a particular shape. Thanks

[img][images/thumbs/Lemmie_integratile4copy.jpg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/lemmiegregory/integratile4copy.jpg[/img]
Lemmie
HR is my life
HR is my life

Postby AutoXSTi on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:08 pm

Nope, as long as you keep withing the factory recommendations. It can be any shape. For ex. fiberglass mold in a circular box. As long as it within factory specs. Moreover, you can build it small or larger, just depends on how you want your box tuned. Every car is different. What that means is, the air space recommended by the manufacturer works great in their Pinto but not in your Acura since the the way and shape of the car is totally different. You might have to find a car audio forums and do research on your type of car to see what works well. If you are willing to spend a little bit of money/time(actually lots more) down the road to get it professionally built and tuned with an analyzer, that would be even better. But definitely do your homework/shopping before you make a decision. Find a reputable installer. Hope that helps.

I fear no man nor women, only God Almighty! Proverbs 1:7(KJV): "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
AutoXSTi
Atlanta Chapter President

Return to Car Audio