Holy Rollerz Christian Automotive Forums

Wavebox

questions or talk about the latest
Share |

Wavebox

Postby 1widecrx on Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:20 pm

I've searched everywhere to find out how to make a wavebox, im sure some of you have seen there or heard of one in a vehicle, the boxes are usually huge compaired to sealed or ported boxes. im just wondering how the calculate the dimensions and port so i can build one for myself, seems the very few people that do know how wont tell bc they just want to make money off of you! lol the way of the world right?! my sub is a matrxx wx5 18" im sure some of the spl competitors know which one im talkin bout for those who dont its a quad 1.4 ohm sub (rebuildable) i got while workin for a car audio store, ill b pushing it with 2 quantum audio 1000's which is definately weak compaired to what ive seen this kinda sub hold, but if anyone could please help me with the calculations or if there is a program that id have to buy id definately b willing bc i want to know how to do this for myself, i want to say i done everything to my car which im sure theres alot of u that feel the same, thanks alot

1widecrx

Postby JB on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:21 am

Do you have a picture of what one looks like?

For GODS Glory!
JB
For GODS glory!

Re: Wavebox

Postby AutoXSTi on Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:28 am

1widecrx wrote:I've searched everywhere to find out how to make a wavebox, im sure some of you have seen there or heard of one in a vehicle, the boxes are usually huge compaired to sealed or ported boxes. im just wondering how the calculate the dimensions and port so i can build one for myself, seems the very few people that do know how wont tell bc they just want to make money off of you! lol the way of the world right?! my sub is a matrxx wx5 18" im sure some of the spl competitors know which one im talkin bout for those who dont its a quad 1.4 ohm sub (rebuildable) i got while workin for a car audio store, ill b pushing it with 2 quantum audio 1000's which is definately weak compaired to what ive seen this kinda sub hold, but if anyone could please help me with the calculations or if there is a program that id have to buy id definately b willing bc i want to know how to do this for myself, i want to say i done everything to my car which im sure theres alot of u that feel the same, thanks alot

It's kind of like building a mini transmission box. Skinny Rectangular port and it looks like a maze inside the box. The "Real Transmission Boxes" would almost be half the size of my civic. They output tons of noises and if tuned correctly, very musical.

I fear no man nor women, only God Almighty! Proverbs 1:7(KJV): "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
AutoXSTi
Atlanta Chapter President

Postby 1widecrx on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:12 pm

here are some links below to pics or people who have them in there car n think these boxes only have 1 12" sub(crx has 15") and like AutoXsi said its very large compaired to other boxes shaped rectangular n the port is long and in a wave pattern inside the box, im just tryin to figure out how to tune the box and how long the port should b plus....basically everything lol i just found out the only guy who makes them moved to chicago he was in marietta, ga. but also found out its almost the same as blaubox...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/356115/5
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/190553

1widecrx

Postby JB on Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:35 am

Looks like its gonna take up everything in the back of your crx. If thats the only guy who builds em then my guess is that its gonna be a trial and error by making your own. Who knows you could come up with something better!

For GODS Glory!
JB
For GODS glory!

Postby skiendog on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:03 pm

no no no, theres not just one guy that builds them.

brian has one, i think. i am going to be making on for my system after this summer. at that time, i will be doing the same research that you are doing now! answer - i have no clue where to get that information, nor what to tell you.

HRC³ Forum Moderator
Welcome Wagon Member
NFATCA The ONLY organization fighting to protect what no other organization will touch.
skiendog
!DAYN-JUH!

Vehicle: E320

Postby JB on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:27 pm

skiendog wrote:no no no, theres not just one guy that builds them.

brian has one, i think. i am going to be making on for my system after this summer. at that time, i will be doing the same research that you are doing now! answer - i have no clue where to get that information, nor what to tell you.

Brian probably got it from the same guy that they are talking about in Marrietta.

For GODS Glory!
JB
For GODS glory!

Postby GruntDan on Tue May 22, 2007 7:09 pm

JB wrote:
skiendog wrote:no no no, theres not just one guy that builds them.

Brian probably got it from the same guy that they are talking about in Marrietta.

Prolly so Megga Maxx sells them. I think they love making the CRX's sound like a beast. So if you took it up there they would build you one.

GruntDan-HRC³
GruntDan
One Trick Dime

Postby skiendog on Wed May 23, 2007 6:50 pm

ok! megamax is building mine. i just talked to them, got a pretty good price on it.

HRC³ Forum Moderator
Welcome Wagon Member
NFATCA The ONLY organization fighting to protect what no other organization will touch.
skiendog
!DAYN-JUH!

Vehicle: E320

Postby Doulos on Wed May 23, 2007 7:25 pm

Contact Tuan @ team toxic bass. they Design and sell custom boxes. Might be able to get you some plans. Hes the current US SPL Streetcar champ. Has a CRX that put up 160?

We must not simply die to sin, as if that were a simple prospect, but we must die to everything that is of us. We must give up our preconceived notions, our worldly understanding, our loves, our hates, all that we trust, and all that we desire. Through this death God is able to resurrect us with a new understanding, new views and new desires.
Doulos
SoCal Chapter President

Postby brian on Wed May 23, 2007 7:51 pm

the guy who invented them works at Meggamaxx...or at least he used to. Not sure if he still does. Those boxes are amazing. My one 12 hits harder than most boxes with two 12s.

VT boxes stole the technology from him, but they work on the same premise.

brian
HRC³ CEO

Name: Brian Wood
Vehicle: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Return to Car Audio