Holy Rollerz Christian Automotive Forums

Benz system project

questions or talk about the latest

Benz system project

Postby skiendog on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:31 am

the car: 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320

sub woofer: 5,000 watt Kicker Solo X (PURCHASED)
amplifier: 4,000 watt Power Acoustik (PURCHASED)
the battery: trunk mounted Kinetik 2400 (PURCHASED)
amp kit: Tsunami AMP01BL (PURCHASED)
the isolator: Stinger 200 amp Pro series (PURCHASED)
more 0ga wire for the Kinetik: still need
Sub box: dimensions are set, thanks to Mano from the ATL chapter. being built soon.

...what else am i missing?

HRC³ Forum Moderator
Welcome Wagon Member
NFATCA The ONLY organization fighting to protect what no other organization will touch.
skiendog
!DAYN-JUH!

Vehicle: E320

Re: Benz system project

Postby dgonzales77 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:56 am

skiendog wrote:what else am i missing?

A Good Bass CD

Jhn 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command.

dgonzales77
Crazy Posting Machine
Crazy Posting Machine

Postby skiendog on Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:00 am

aint that the truth.

HRC³ Forum Moderator
Welcome Wagon Member
NFATCA The ONLY organization fighting to protect what no other organization will touch.
skiendog
!DAYN-JUH!

Re: Benz system project

Postby AutoXSTi on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:35 am

dgonzales77 wrote:
skiendog wrote:what else am i missing?

A Good Bass CD

Ear plugs and a hearing aid for the future b/c that system will be too loud for ya.

I fear no man nor women, only God Almighty! Proverbs 1:7(KJV): "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
AutoXSTi
Atlanta Chapter President

Postby integra evan on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:40 pm

What did you say? I couldn't hear you.

integra evan
Teggin' it up holy style

Vehicle: 1995 Acura Integra SE

Postby BBWolf on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:12 am

PM me your address, I have a test CD to send you.

BBWolf
Forum Backbone
Forum Backbone

Name: Dave

Postby skiendog on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:58 pm

i would love to come by! Thanks for the offer!

HRC³ Forum Moderator
Welcome Wagon Member
skiendog
!DAYN-JUH!

Postby AutoXSTi on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:59 pm

joyfulnoise wrote:[smilie=5bowtie.gif] bass cd witch one of the 20 or so do you want a copy off, test cd , gosspell rap, or just old school bass music no words [smilie=5emoticon.gif] p.s. come see me so we can meter it for performance and find your compotion tunning frequancy [smilie=5bouncy.gif]

What kind of analyzer do you guys use over there?

I fear no man nor women, only God Almighty! Proverbs 1:7(KJV): "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
AutoXSTi

Postby AutoXSTi on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:43 pm

Isolators/Regulators

If you plan to install another battery to your car to power your car audio system then you will need an isolator or a regulator. Using two batteries is basically for recharging purposes to get more and longer lasting power. Instead of getting a whole new battery you may just want to add a secondary battery. To do this you will need an isolator or regulator.

Regulators are specially designed for charging multiple batteries efficiently. Unlike a conventional battery isolator, most do not require any factory electrical systems to be changed. The voltage is read by the regulator across the initial battery to ensure equal charging. Once the primary (initial) battery gets up to 12.6 volts, the regulator then groups together all the batteries to be charged equally. As long as the engine is running, the regulator can allow the alternator to send the secondary batteries a charge of up to 200 amps of power without any loss of voltage across the unit. Once the ignition is tuned off, the regulator becomes a "one-way passage" isolating the current and making sure that the primary battery will always be fully charged. Therefore your vehicle can be started and ran easily. This would have to be the safest, easiest and most efficient way to charge and maintain multiple batteries.

An Isolator is also an efficient and dependable way to add on a second battery to your vehicle. It can isolate batteries without any voltage drop, and is compatible any type of alternator or charging system. By simply connecting a relay to work when the ignition is turned on, your batteries will remain divided while the engine is turned off, without any voltage draining.

To save a lot of trouble, in place of an isolator, I very much recommend an Intelligent Circuit Breaker because it can handle the heat of a "high performance" system and can also replace the fuse. A Regulator and a Circuit Breaker would probably be the best combination.

Remember the battery is the main power source to your car audio system so make sure you have enough power to operate your system for hours without much drainage. A more powerful battery is also good for preserving power and preventing a blown alternator.

Stinger has come out with an automatic monitor called the Volt Guard SRVG. It automatically monitors the battery voltage and switches auxiliary batteries for the audio system on and off accordingly. This will save power from your primary battery for your vehicle. An Isolator is required to switch batteries on and off.

To connect several more outputs to the battery, and for the safest connection, you'd better replace the battery's terminals.

AutoXSTi

Postby AutoXSTi on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm

joyfulnoise wrote:[smilie=5bowtie.gif] term lab spl and rta offical db drag meter

Sweet! Those are good equipment. I'm so used to the old portable Audio Control Analyzer. LOL! That's really old!

AutoXSTi

Postby AutoXSTi on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:56 pm

Blaine, here's what I found on Crutchfield

How would adding a second battery to my vehicle help my system?

The main reason for adding a second battery to your vehicle, in relation to the stereo system, is to allow more playing time of the system with the engine off.

Trying to correct a problem, such as an overload of the charging system from the stereo system, will not be eliminated by adding another battery. (It may seem as though it was helping for a short time, but the ultimate solution to that problem would be upgrading the alternator.)

If you decide that you do want to upgrade your charging system to allow two or more batteries, you must decide whether you want to use a battery isolator, or to simply wire the batteries in parallel.

It is necessary to use an isolator if you are using two different (type, model, or age) batteries or if you are giving priority to the batteries - having a dedicated "vehicle battery" and a dedicated "stereo system battery".
Usually, the isolator will allow the alternator to charge each independent battery as needed, as opposed to seeing both batteries as a single load. Sometimes you can even kill two birds with one stone by purchasing a high output alternator with dual outputs (or by using two alternators), because this does not require an isolator, and upgrades your alternator output at the same time.
An alternative in adding multiple batteries is wiring the batteries in parallel. Parallel wiring does not require an isolator, but the first thing to consider in parallel addition of batteries is that it is absolutely essential that both batteries be the exact same type, model, and should be as close to the same age as possible. If you add a second battery, then you should replace the present battery in the vehicle. Adding batteries in parallel will present a single load to the alternator, so both batteries charge and discharge simultaneously.

AutoXSTi

Postby integra evan on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:04 pm

I analyze audio with my ears...lol

integra evan
Teggin' it up holy style

Vehicle: 1995 Acura Integra SE

Next

Return to Car Audio